Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Fatties and Friday Follow

Okay. So I don't usually mix up my posts into more than one subject. (Well, except for the first few posts I did.) I find it hard enough to keep track of what I am actually writing about, let alone several things at a time! But today I really, really wanted to do a couple of different things, and I really, really couldn't be bothered writing numerous posts... So I decided to give it a try. Here goes.


Friday Fatties

Photobucket

Christie from Mommy Drinks Because You Cry, and Pamela from 2 Much Testosterone have started up a thingy they are calling Friday Fatties, whereby all of us Fat Heffa's come together every Friday (duh) and become accountable for our weight by announcing it to the world at large. (Or in my case, the 5 people who actually put up with my inane ramblings.)

This is my first week of participating, and I hope that it will become a regular thing.

Okay, so here goes. Umm... Ready, and, go! AAANNNDDD GO! (Come on you sook!)

Okay... Take two. And... GO!!!

I currently weigh... As of 6pm tonight... A whopping... (Stop stalling woman!)

82.5 kg.

There. I said it. And no, thankyouverymuchChristieandPamela, I do not feel better!

Wow. 82.5kg. Or 181.9 pounds for all you Imperialists. Come to think of it, I think I'll stick with the Metric system thanks. It doesn't sound quite as bad.

I went to my doctor on Tuesday with this challenge in the back of my head, along with the very real fear that I am having trouble breathing when I lay on my back, and I have heart palpitations when I lay down, and sit up, and generally do anything more strenuous than breathing; and he gave me some pills that help you lose weight. Not diet pills as such, no, nothing as simple as an appetite suppressant, these are MUCH better. These little babies make it impossible for your body to digest fat, and (wait for it)... they give you diarrhoea if you try to eat anything that your body disagrees with!

Great! So now not only will I be deprived of food containing anything resembling flavour, but if I do try to eat something at all yummy, I'll be stuck on the loo for hours as punishment for my sins!

Hmm... Do I really need to lose THAT much weight? Really, really? Maybe I can just tie a long sleeved top around my waist...



Friday Follow

This one, luckily, only requires me to add these buttons, and go and link up at the host site, Midday Escapes.

Friday Follow
Adventures of a Wanna-Be Supah Mommy


So after all my angst, I didn't really do much did I? I WAS going to add Mama Ka't's Writer's Workshop as well, as I try to do it as often as possible, but this week with Mother's Day nigh, most of the prompts are about Mums, and I kinda don't want to go there again so close to the day itself...


Just for you, under the TMI label, I've been taking the pills the Doc gave me and my week has not been pretty. Come to think of it, I'm going to have a bit of a lie down now...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! You are playing. I'm so excited! And really tired! thank you doll for th e-mail the other day. Tears! You are the best. I will write you back but today I have the day off and I am going to soak up my girls! I can already feel my heart re-filling. Just remember diet coke and rum have very very fe calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Following through the FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you Brea! You can do it sista! Those pills, are they those Alli pills? We have them over the counter in the U.S. and I have to say, that sounds down right awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay number one you are one brave lady!
    Number two: Stay metric...in fact teach it to me! I never really got it.
    Number three: The pills sound like nasty business. I am on Weight Watchers and totally loving it. The program they are doing now is like calorie counting made easy. They use a points system. So far I have lost 16 pounds. It's been slow going, but I don't care because my clothes finally fit again, in fact some are getting loose! Yay me!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with those potty pills, mama :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I absolutely LOVE comments!!!
But please, play nice okay?